Wednesday 30 November 2011

31 more dresses for Dress A Girl Australia

Slack is the word to describe me these days as I have not even updated Dress A Girl Australia's numbers. I havent updated how many dresses I've got and where I stand in my campaign for 500 dresses for Christmas. For sure I will have to do it very, very soon.

Anyway, last Saturday I picked up a parcel from Australia Post and received 31 dresses from Gaylene Hermann. Thank you very much from Dress A Girl Australia. Your support on this campaign is very much appreciated and very inspiring. It motivates me to do more for Dress A Girl Australia knowing that there are people in this world who are willing to help and support what Dress A Girl Australia is all about and for all the little girls around the world, to help put a smile on their faces and let them proudly say to the world that they own at least one dress. Imagine how that would make you feel happy and proud to be a part of that little girl's happiness. Thank you Gaylene!




I may not have mentioned this previously but Gaylene was responsible for coordinating the dresses donated by the ladies from Crafty Mamas. One of the very first dresses I received and helped made possible Dress A Girl Australia's first attempt to provide dresses to the less fortunate little girls in the Philippines last September.  The first of the dresses that I hope helped and in a small way improved the confidence of the less fortunate little girls who received them. 

Am inviting anyone to join and support Dress A Girl Australia on this very worthwhile cause. Each dress that you make and give makes a whole lot of difference to the life of the little girl who receives that dress, makes this world a better place to live in.

All 31 dresses are posted or will be posted (when I find the time to take pictures) on the left navigation bar under B & G Hermann. These will help me identify where dresses came from when it is time for distribution. Three of the dresses will be included in the 'Dresses for Uganda' collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment