Thursday 22 September 2011

On my way to the Philippines


All dresses are packed and today, am leaving for the Philippines to make Dress A Girl Australia's first scheduled distribution of dresses. I have chosen the Philippines as the first recipient of dresses I have collected as I believe there are a lot of small girls, teens and women, young and old who needs these dresses the most.


There are two most likely places where the distribution is going to happen. One in the Greater Metro Manila which will be done by the wife of an ex-work colleague of mine and the other distribution will take place in Cagayan de Oro city in the southern part of the Philippines about 1-1/2 hours away from Manila by plane. The distribution will be made in partnership with the ladies of Zonta International, Cagayan de Oro City Chapter.


I am greatly excited as I have never experienced first-hand this kind of activity before and most especially giving away dresses contributed by several individuals and small business owners. Giving dresses to small girls and women who deserves to own at least one dress. Giving dresses some of which were sewn by me from my fabric collection or fabrics bought by friends and family. I would love to see and experience how one feels when you see someone wearing a dress you made yourself.

The Philippines is a big country and there are so many places I fully believe that are not easily reachable and needs help. Dress A Girl Australia will focus its dress distribution in nearby Asian countries and Australia. Watch this page for more details about this distribution. I should be back in two weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment