Thursday 12 January 2012

Donation Acknowledgement FY2012 #3 - Dozen Pillowcases

These dozen pillowcases were donated by one of my BFFs (cool acronym for best friends forever) who lives in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. I wanted to donate a couple of packs of undies to Dress A Girl around the World - West Texas for the children in Nicaragua but I could not purchase any pack online from Walmart because they would not accept cards issued outside of the USA nor payment via paypal. 

So I contacted Flordeliza and ask her if she could purchase the packs on my behalf and I will just send her the payment via postal mail. Instead of me sending her the payment she asked that I buy fabrics for her and make them into dresses and these dresses will be her contribution to Dress A Girl Australia. I did not buy her fabrics instead I bought 6 packs of 2 pillowcases per pack since it was on sale in one of the shops close to where I live. 

Here are the pillowcases that I bought. They are all in plain colours but I can always add some printed matching fabrics and laces to make the dresses more lively.

To Flor, thank you for such a wonderful swap. Now I just need to find the time to make 12 dresses for you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment