Sunday 3 March 2013

Donation Acknowledgement FY13/02 #23 - A unique parcel from Betty Barrett

Number 23 on my list is a parcel full of unique handmade items from Betty Barrett and with the help of her best friend Betty Paull making sure that the parcel arrives in Sydney. As some of you would probably know these two Bettys wants to dress the whole world (and she and friend Betty are both 85 years old!) but what was inside the parcel were not dresses but handmade items she made for me to sell to help raise funds for postage.

One of the handmade items was a doorstop(in fact 13 of them) and I filled one of them using the decorative pebbles I used for my terrariums. Here are the items I received which I will be selling in a market very soon and also I will be posting in my shop. Don't forget to check them out as they would have full details on how to fill up the doorstops.
And here is one of the doorstops already filled - I just love the result of it once it was filled with 2.5 kilos of decorative pebbles. 2.5 kilos of pebbles weigh the same as 2.5kilos of rice if you prefer to use rice or 2.5 kilos of clean sand.
If anyone is interested to purchase any of these items, please feel free to send me an email at dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com. It is going to a very worthy cause and the item is made with full of love.

Thank you so much for the items Betty B and thank you so much for making sure the items get to Sydney Betty P. You two are a great inspiration and I hope to other people as well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart....and never miss your walks. I just think about the 2 of you doing your daily walk and am out the door walking too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment