Saturday 24 August 2013

First 4 parcels sent to Abim

Looks like good things are happening my way this week especially on saving dollars. Sometimes I would ask for it (since I believe there is no harm in asking..at least I asked) but this time it is the other party who offers on how I can save my cash. First I paid a dollar for 7 t-shirts. This morning I paid 29.95 for 10 boxes when normally it would cost 43.50. And the 20 I use to pay for the boxes came from the 20 I saved on the t-shirts. Great deals in 2 days.

Anyway, I finally was able to send this morning the first 4 parcels for Abim Uganda. 
Still a lot of work to be done for the last 2 to 3 parcels(I think) as I still need to sort and pack about 163 pairs of shorts but I can easily do this next week at one parcel a day. Thank you so much to the donors who made these 4 parcels possible and to the special group of people who helped make the send off of the parcels to Uganda so much possible. Thanks a whole lot!  More details on this distribution will be posted very soon.

I also want to thank D Beckett, Sharyn Paull and her mum Betty, R Dyson (or was that a P Dyson?), Lisa Gallagher of Narley Creations, Emily Bieber, Vanya Bryant and the Craft & Hope group of Kapunda S.A. for the parcels I picked up at the postoffice this morning. Once again, thank you Ladies for your support. Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment