Friday 29 June 2012

Update on Dress A Girl Australia Numbers

After almost eight weeks of packing and sending parcels, the total number of dresses sent is 409 to different locations around the world. I have a second parcel of 60 dresses ready to be sent to Masaka Uganda.

Between now and September, I am aiming to send a second parcel each for Kenya and Vietnam. The community of Kontum in Vietnam has about a total of 110 children and had sent only 34 dresses in the first parcel so I hope to send maybe another one or two parcels for the remaining balance of 76. The same goes for the community of Dago Dala Hera in Kenya. I think I would need another 10 more dresses and about 45 pairs of shorts for the children living in the center. And perhaps later on for the rest of the children in the community.

This is such a great accomplishment in less than six months that everyone deserves a pat on the back for doing such a good job and a big HUG from Dress A Girl Australia. Here is my favourite digital hug for everyone -

Put your right hand on your left shoulder and the left hand on the right. Now squeeze gently. You've just received a big HUG from Dress A Girl Australia and hey, dont forget to repeat it as many times as you want. You all deserve it. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart  to everyone who made this distribution possible. Thank you so much. 

Any pictures when available will immediately be posted on this site. 

Dress A Girl Australia is now open for the next batch of sewing and collecting for the second major distribution to happen later in the year or early January 2013 for what I would call the Christmas distribution. Pillowcase dresses and pairs of britches and/or shorts are most welcome. My goal of 1500 dresses for the year 2012 still stands and based on the latest numbers I believe we are halfway to meeting that goal. My personal goal between now and end of the year is 200. My countdown is starting on the 1st of July.

Again, thank you so much to everyone for their unwavering support of this campaign, for helping make a difference in this world....one small dress at a time.

For those who would like to join in this campaign and  need more information, please feel free to send an email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment