Thursday 1 January 2015

Dresses on the first day of the year 2015

Our family normally celebrates and welcome the new year on new years eve (31st of Dec) with a new year's dinner and end around 1 or 2am of January 1st so the actual new year's day is spent sleeping in or cleaning/catching up on house chores or anything each of us can think of. Since there was not much for me to do today I decided to sew in the afternoon and ended up with 3 dresses and one pair of shorts.
Two of the dresses were sewn from fabrics donated by the Millhouse Collections and will be put aside for a friend who is going back to South America sometime in February. Am trying to arrange for her to handcarry at least 25 dresses so these 2 dresses I did today will be allocated for her upcoming trip and between now and end of January I think I will be able to come up with 25 dresses. 

The other 2 I did (a dress with sleeve and a pair of shorts) is for the Clothes for Sponsorship program. I haven't had any sponsorship transaction yet since I posted the dresses in my on-line shop two weeks ago but it is better to be prepared just in case there are people out there who wants to sponsor one as I can no longer afford to fund the postage on my own. 

The dress with sleeve is for locations whose culture requires children to wear dresses with sleeves or no open neckline. The pair of shorts is being matched with a singlet for the boys.
To checkout the dress with sleeve for sponsorship, please click here. To check out the boys clothes for sponsorship, please click here. And do not forget to help spread the word around especially for those who do not sew and wants to make a difference in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment