Monday 6 August 2012

Donation Acknowledgements FY2012 #82 - 50 T-shirts from my sister

The t-shirts have finally arrived! All 50 of them from my sister Joan of Heyboomshop is donation #82. This is going to keep me busy for the next few months making t-shirt dresses as I need to keep in stock dresses with sleeves for locations whose culture does not allow open neck styles. When Joan knew that PNG needs dresses with sleeves and after having seen some of the t-shirt dresses I made which were worn by the children in India, she decided to buy t-shirts and most likely these dresses will be going to PNG.
Just the thought of the 50 girls who will be wearing these t-shirt dresses is more than enough to motivate me to start sewing for I know the end result would be very rewarding. And I think I now have an idea as to where to get the t-shirts I want to start collecting for the small boys in Mt Hagen. :-) 

Joan, thank you so much for the t-shirts and thank you to my brother-in-law Andre for handcarrying them to Sydney. Thank you. Much appreciated.

If you want to know what keeps Joan busy, check out her work here. I think you will love her new weepots.

No comments:

Post a Comment