Tuesday 4 October 2011

Back to Sydney...Busy with work and Dress A Girl Australia

It is not easy after coming back from a holiday. It is back to reality with work to attend to during the day, catching up with household chores, shopping, checking mailbox for mails and bills to pay, updating several business websites and Dress A Girl Australia activities and emails to attend to including updating  my blog all squeeze in at night after work and on weekends. This is my first weekend after I came back from my holiday and as you can see, I have been doing a lot of updates in my blog, posting pictures from the dress distributions and updating numbers for Dress A Girl Australia. 

I can forget about the tasks at hand but I cannot get away from making a new dress for Dress A Girl Australia's entry to the 'Pieces of Love' competition. A fundraiser celebrating Dress A Girl Around the World's second birthday. This contest is about piecing together 4 different fabrics into a dress.


Inside this envelope which I posted today is the dress I made out of 4 fat quarters on the weekend. Yes, out of 4 fat quarters. Not sure how I was able to do it considering I am not really a dressmaker but this envelope is evidence that I was able to make one. The actual dress made cannot be posted on the internet so you will have to wait until the competition is over if you want to see the dress.
Yes, making a dress is fun and addicting and most especially if it is for a worthy cause. Come and join me in my campaign to dress girls around the world. Send any mesage for more information to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment