Wednesday 9 November 2011

Bandannas put into good use

Last month I helped in a small way raise funds for Can Teen an Australian organization for young people living with cancer by selling Bandannas. I bought 2 pairs of bandannas. Several friends bought them too and gave the bandannas to me in case I would be able to use it for Dress A Girl Australia. Boy, did I end up really making good use of them! 

This dress which I believe would fit a 5 or 6 year old girl was made from 2 of the bandannas I got and I have 8 more bandannas to put into good use. What a better way to show you/friends care by buying bandannas to support this Australian organization for kids with cancer and making them into dresses for the less fortunate little girls around the world to own and wear. 

Since doing Dress A Girl Australia, it became so easy for me to think of how to make something into good use. Everytime I see a fabric scrap or a remnant the first thing that comes to mind is the question of whether I can make a dress out of it or use it for a pocket for a dress or anything to do with dresses for Dress A Girl Australia and now with the 'Shorts for the Boys' campaign.

If you feel you can help Dress A Girl Australia with her dream of making more dresses and/or shorts for the less fortunate little girls and boys around the world to own and wear, please help by sending fabric materials and or pillowcases to Dress A Girl Australia, P.O. Box 240, Casula NSW 2170. If you need more information, send an email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment