Sunday 27 October 2013

Donation Acknowledgement FY13/10 #152 - From the two Bettys

Since I have 2 more parcels to open and this is one of them I might as well finish all the donation acknowledgements then I think I will have more time to spend sorting and packing the Christmas parcels for South Africa and the Philippines next week. And also I will have time to look into the sewing books I recently bought from an on-line sale. Didnt expect the books to arrive so soon. :-)

So continuing on, number 152 on the list comes from the dynamic duo of Betty Barrett and Betty Paull. Another two admirable ladies who at their age (85 going on 86?) still finds the time to make a difference and think of other people most especially the less fortunate children around the world, do something good and positive to make this world a better place. Here are the goodies I received from them this time - 11 pairs of shorts, 9 dresses, some ribbons and a beanie. The beanie will be allocated for the Clothing Sponsorship program of South Africa (Winter edition). Now I have one beanie and one jacket for the program. :-)
To the two Betty's, thank you so much for your unwavering support of Dress A Girl (Around the World) most especially Australia. Thank you for making this friendly world of ours a better place to live for everyone. Much appreciated.

And if anyone would care what books I recently bought, here they are. I am hoping that I would be able to make different styles of dresses next year thru the aid of these books. They were really heavily discounted (about 70% off at the time I saw them) I could not resist. Maybe it is because nobody buys hard copies anymore. :-) New things to do in between sorting and packing makes sewing life more interesting. And am keeping my fingers crossed I really wish I will have the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment