Saturday 28 May 2011

More dresses Less Fabrics with mix 'n'match

The fabrics I use to make dresses is from my collection. I used to make memory pillows (and still do from time to time if someone makes an order) that is why a lot of my fabrics look like the fabrics from readymade pillowcases you can purchase from the shops. For every metre of fabric I can actually make 2 dresses of the same kind if I mix 'n' match it with a plain fabric as you can see from the completed dresses. This way I am able to maximize the use of the fabric. I have 2 dresses of the stripes and 2 of the pink/white stripes. And if I end up with scraps, I keep them just in case I would need them to make buttons.

The next time I go fabric-shopping for my handmade treasures, I will be on the lookout for organic 'beige' fabrics. Find fabric types with the least environmental impact, fabrics made of recycled materials which usually ends up more expensive than the normal fabrics but who knows they might be cheaper.  This way you have made a girl happy for owning a dress and at the same time help save our planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment