Sunday 29 May 2011

What's on for today at Dress A Girl Australia

Dress A Girl Australia Schedule for Today and the next 5 days :

Today, I will finish the 'almost completed' dress I started yesterday, then cut fabrics and prepare other materials needed for 5 dresses which I plan to sew next week. This will be like making a 'dress a girl' kit and see if I could make 5 dresses out of the 5 kits and be able to write instructions on how to make the dress. Similar to the 'Dummies' books you see in bookshops,  I think I will write a 'Sew a Dress for Dress A Girl Australia for dummies'.  :-) This will be for my friends, friends of friends and everyone who has never sewed a dress in their life (like me!)

Then... I can concentrate on figuring out what my 'BemyGreen' project would be to celebrate 'BeGreen' day on Friday, 3rd of June. A lot of people dont know (maybe everyone) that I created a 'Save our Planet'  2x2ft quilt panel as my contribution to the International Fiber Collaborative Dream Rocket project "Dare to Dream". I still have to finish off the panel with a backing so I could post it to the Dream Rocket project.  The Dream Rocket project is a large scale collaborative fiber wrap. Up to 8,000 fiber panels will be created by individuals around the world and will be combined to wrap the Saturn V Moon Rocket in Huntsville, Alabama.  If you are interested on this project and need more information, please visit the Dream Rocket website.

Here is the panel I have created and trying to finish. And I figure that for my 'BemyGreen' contribution at work on Friday, I will select the 'plant a tree' and 'recycling' images below, print them on paper and create 'BemyGreen' buttons, pin them on my staff ID ribbon necklace and wear them on Friday.


And on top of all these activities, I still will be responding to all your enquiries via email about the Dress A Girl Australia project....so keep those emails coming....and then dresses....!

No comments:

Post a Comment