Sunday 8 April 2012

Gift of Hope for the less fortunate children of the world

It is a special holiday that is always celebrated on a Sunday but can happen either in the month of March or April. But it is more than just a special holiday. I always think of Easter as a symbol of new life and hope. And because of this, when i woke up this morning I created this special dress in pink as my Easter gift to the less fortunate children around the world to give them hope in this world and to let them know that they are being looked after by a lot of kind-hearted people all over the world.
Happy Easter to all the children most especially to the less fortunate children around the world.

I decided to make a T-shirt dress as my gift of hope to disadvantaged girls around the world and as my contribution to Dress A Girl with Hopeful Threads' 'Let's Sew 100 Dreses together' for Dress A Girl Around the World. My sister is almost done cutting up the bundles of fabrics I have received for pillowcase dresses and she also collected a pile of fabric cuts good enough to use for the skirt section of a T-shirt dress. 

The T-shirt is one of the 15 t-shirts donated by i-craft i-sew last year (there are several more to be done I think) and the fabric cut was donated by an anonymous donor in the 'share-the-love' this valentines day charity drive. Thank you.

Didnt I say I was going to make a pair of shorts for every dress I make for Dress A Girl with Hopeful Threads? I think I did and that would be my first task when I come home tonight from a family Easter lunch celebration. Now all I have to do is find the flickr group to post this dress and am off to a big celebration.

If you want to join in this global sewing project of Hopeful Threads, please check out the details on the link below:

2 comments: