Monday 19 November 2012

Angel Doll Advent Calendar for the 'Make-it or Break-it' Christmas Charity Drive

This is something different. I thought I would make the 'Make-it' or 'Break-it' Christmas charity drive more, more exciting for myself so I made this Angel Doll advent calendar from a fabric panel I bought sometime in June of last year. I wasnt able to make it into a calendar last year. This time I allocated a time and I was able to finish it. 

Here is what am going to do. Starting on the 1st of Dec (that's when the calendar starts) and everyday thereafter, any dresses I receive on a particular date for the charity drive I will put the number of dresses I received on the pocket. I know that I have already received about 156 dresses since the drive started last October but I would like to know how many occurred in the month of December just for fun and also so I could use the pockets of the angel's skirt. :-)  And everytime I sew a dress I will put the number of dresses I have made inside the pocket on the particular date I made and finished the dress so at least I could make it halfway to my personal goal this year. You see, these days sometimes it takes me 3 days to finish one dress. LOL! This calendar will motivate me to finish the dress before I leave my sewing machine behind to do another task. So wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment