Thursday 29 November 2012

This week's a bit of this and a bit of that

Christmas is just around the corner. I can almost see Santa peeking behind the post watching who has been naughty and who has been nice. :-)

1) I always believed in education being the key to a great future so after weeks of research and careful consideration, I have finally found the organization here in Australia who I feel very comfortable with sharing dresses this Christmas. For this Christmas, I will be sharing 100 dresses and possibly more with the Pyjama Foundation, an organization who creates a bright future for Australian children in care, offers a learning-based mentoring program free-of-charge to children in foster care. The dresses will be delivered in time for the children's Christmas parties. Woohoo!! More details coming up very soon.

2) All requests for labels will be posted on Saturday, 2nd of December.

3) Make-it or Break-it Christmas Charity Drive is still going on. The more dresses we make the more smiles we can get. Feel free to create a mess of handmade dresses and shorts in Dress A Girl Australia's living room this Christmas. Gifts that will make a real difference to kids who need it the most.

4) If you havent done your Christmas cards shopping yet, I still have lots of cards available for sale. (I actually did a second batch printing last night). 
                     Dress A Girl Australia cards pack of 10 - $12.50 plus postage of $1.80
                     Vintage Christmas cards pack of 10 - $14.50 plus postage of $1.80
Hurry before they are gone!

5) Christmas gifts which I have been collecting for sometime now for the schoolchildren of Katuuso Uganda will be delivered this Saturday to Annabelle Chauncy, co-founder of the School for Life Foundation. Items will be leaving for Uganda on the 9th of December.

6) Details of the Dress distribution parcels I have sent so far or still to be sent will be made available very soon. Will probably be doing it mid-December when I get to start my holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment