Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Round Tin that made me think

This round tin has been sitting on my benchtop for as long as I can remember. Inside are  coins that I remove from my wallet because it makes my bag heavy. Sometimes I could raise as much as $10.00 worth of coins from the tin. Whenever I need coins to buy something or I needed some cash to pay for lunch on a Friday at work (we usually go out for lunch on Fridays) or if I want to post a letter I would dig in to this tin. When I won the NRL tipping competition 2 months ago at work I placed all my winnings on this tin and took out some money only when I needed to post Dress A Girl labels. If I find pillowcases on sale, I would get the money to buy the pillowcases from this tin.

The first dress distribution I did in Sept-Oct 2011 was such a very inspirational and touching experience seeing those little girls being given dresses to wear that I decided that I have to find ways and means to keep on doing this campaign and keep on distributing dresses to the less fortunate people in this world.

Every now and then I would be thinking where or how to raise money to fund my postage of the dresses. Then I thought why not start to gather and sort items I have handcrafted which I can dispose of without feeling guilty about it or items that I can find in the house which I no longer need or dont really need at all, sell them and put the proceeds from the sale of the items on this tin. This could be my lucky tin. Dress A Girl Australia's moneybank for postage.

So now am back to making my fabric picturecards. I still have some blank cards leftover from the days when I used to make handmade cards to sell and donated a dollar for every card that I sold to a breast cancer research foundation. I might even go back to making fabric postcards. I also used to make buttons or pins to sell so now I have decided to make them again and put all proceeds from the sale of the cards and buttons to this tin. Any proceeds from selling handcrafts this Christmas will go straight to this tin for postage fund. A lot of little girls around the world will have big smiles on their faces wearing the dresses that Dress A Girl Australia will be able to send wherever they are located because of this round tin.

Please check out the handmade items that are up for sale. Proceeds from the sale of these items will go straight to my lucky postage tin. Proceeds from your purchase is going to a good cause.
                                                         Items for Sale

Any questions on any of the items for sale, send an email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

Please help Dress A Girl Australia realize her imagination of a world where every little girl owned at least one dress. If you want to know more about this dream, send an email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment