Saturday 9 February 2013

Dress of Hearts for Day 40/365 Days

I spent an hour today assessing my fabric scraps as I am thinking of making a lap quilt for Easter and if I had to do it I better start cutting my blocks when I saw this fabric full of hearts about the size of a fat quarter. I thought it is great timing as we are about to celebrate the day of love or valentines day on Thursday, the 14th of February. It would be great to use it on the dresses I make everyday.
So I decided that starting with today's dress until I run out of the fabric heart remnant, I will be using it to embellish the dresses. To start it off, this is Dress #40 for my 'one dress a day' for 365 days campaign. This is a pillowcase donated by my friend Flor dela Cruz and I used the fabric as a pocket and did an appliqued hemline of hearts but only on the front panel. 
Wear your heart(s) on your dress(es) and not on your sleeve.

To check out how I am doing with my 'one dress a day' for 365 days campaign, please click here or click on the '365 Days Diary' tab which can be found at the top of this page.

1 comment: