Wednesday 4 April 2012

Donation Acknowledgements FY2012 #31 - 29 Dresses from Linda Smyth

Well, its high time I acknowledge this donation of 28 smocking dresses from Linda Smyth in various sizes from 7 to 12 and one size 5 dress with sleeves. Very special dresses and fully handmade by Linda. Six of these dresses have already been packed and sent for distribution to Uganda. These dresses remind me of my prom dress especially when I see the fabric flower attached to it. Am pretty sure whoever is going to receive these dresses would look beautiful on them. 
Linda has been sending dresses to orphanages in Zimbabwe (if I can remember the country right) through the Catholic Mission. She got excited when she knew about Dress A Girl Australia. She is trying to organize for the local schools in her suburb to be involved in making dresses.

To Linda, thank you so much for your support and for these wonderful dresses. It was nice meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment