Sunday 8 December 2013

Dress Distributions Update

Good Morning everyone! With just 17 days away from Christmas day and barely 3 weeks for another new year, dress distributions have officially ended for the year 2013. This will allow me to have a rest from sorting and packing, plan my 2014 activities, be able to focus on my fund raising campaign for a Dress A Girl Australia well to provide clean water to the people of Kalagi Uganda in the next 3 months and most importantly be able to clean the spare room in the house which I have been using for the piles of dresses received this year. Please take note of the following important information -

1) Dress Distributions will resume in April of next year (Easter weekend). 
2) Dresses received between now and April will still be acknowledged but will not be going anywhere until April (unless someone is willing to handcarry and distribute).

All the parcels I have now especially for Christmas distribution will be leaving soon or picked up from my place. The South Africa parcels I have to bring myself to the freight terminal in the International Airport. 

2 more parcels full of quilts and/or blankets to keep more children warm left for Romania and I have about 6 more parcels to send for Mbale Uganda, Papua New Guinea and Thailand. They are on schedule to be sent off once I have sorted my funds. Unfortunately they are not going to make it for Christmas but based on schedule they will get to their destinations early next year. At least I have made more children happy at the beginning of the new year 2014. 

I hope to be able to provide more details on the parcels when I will be off for 3-days during the Christmas week. 

If you have not completed your christmas shopping yet, try to drop by my dress a girl shop and see if there is anything you like and make a purchase. I know I keep saying I will be posting more items soon but time does not seem to agree with me. Thank you.

Again, thank you for all the dresses and pairs of shorts in 2013. Thank you for your kindness and generosity. It is much appreciated.

Last but not the least, I wish to thank everyone who provided financial support and helped made the send-off of all parcels this year so much more possible. Thank you so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment