Monday 23 December 2013

Dress Distribution #48 - For the children of Andhra Pradesh India (Mercy & Grace Charity) Parcel 1

This is a last minute distribution for the children of the Mercy & Grace Charitable foundation in Andhra Pradesh India. Mercy & Grace Charity is supporting around 4000 children from different villages and slums in India. When I learned about the number of children I told myself that for this particular situation I will just have to keep on dreaming. :-)  Realistically there is no way I will ever be able to provide clothing to at least even a quarter of them. Dresses - yes, easy to raise and easy to sew (I have lots of fabrics waiting to be sewn) but the cost to send the parcels to India will be very difficult to raise. India has no sea mail which would have helped a lot. At the rate my selling is going I dont even think I will be able to raise enough funds to be able to afford to send at least 500 dresses. But I still would like to be able to provide dresses to at least a few of the kids in my own little way and based on what I can afford. So here is the parcel that will be leaving soon for India - 
and here are the contents of the parcel - all 67 of them for 67 girls and I hope I would be able to save enough in a couple of months so I can send them another 67 and maybe at the end of the year 2014  I would have dressed 500 girls -
Dresses made possible by the following donors -
1) Delci Wardrop
2) Ladies of Kapunda Sewing Group
3) Betty Barrett/Betty Paull
4) Frances Cornish
5) Mary Lauke, Sally Giles and Julie Quast
6) Wendy Yates
7) Sian McIntosh

To see larger images of the dresses please click here. For more details on this distribution (and also at a later stage when feedback is received) please click here or click on the special 'Dress Distribution' tab which you can find at the top of this page.

Thank you to all the dress donors for helping make this parcel of 67 dresses possible. It is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment