Sunday 29 December 2013

New Year Countdown - Barely 3 more sleeps to go

With barely 3 days to go before we say goodbye to 2013 and say hello to 2014 I thought I would be a little bit crafty by making something australian and add to my shop to sell to help raise money for postage for next year.
By the way, for the next 3-6 months or depending on how long it would take, proceeds from the sale of soy candles and handcrafted personal treasures for charity will be donated to Dress A Girl Australia's campaign to build a well in Kalagi Uganda until I have achieved the target amount of $10,500. The sale of the other items are allocated to Dress A Girl Australia's postage fund.

This time I revived my fabric picture cards which I used to make about 8 years ago and donated a dollar for every card I sold to a breast cancer foundation here in Sydney. I stopped making and donating when I went back to work. I used to make these cards in between problem solving of work issues when I worked from home. At this time I am only making a couple of Australian-themed picture cards. If I am in a good mood I might make the Sydney Harbour bridge or if I make a lot of sale. :-)
Fabric picture cards are pictures and/or images fitted inside window cutouts. Regular 100% cotton novelty-designed fabrics and/or images are printed by me on a 100% cotton fabric sheet to fit the card's window cut-outs or I use plain fabrics just like the Kangaroo below. To produce a raised effect of the images inside window cutouts I insert a wadding. Size of the card is the standard 110mm x 155mm and comes with matching envelopes. The inside panel is blank for personal messages just like any normal greeting card. You can have them framed too and hang on your wall if you want.  

So if you have any intention of saying hi or hello to a friend overseas, these cards would be perfect to send. :-) These cards are being sold in Dress A Girl Australia's shop for $2.50 each plus postage of $1.20. They will make a good keepsake or souvenir. To make a purchase, please click here. For any questions or more details, please click here. To help spread the word about items being sold in the shop to raise money for postage, I will leave that up to you. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment