Monday 17 March 2014

A little story to tell

Here's a little story to tell on Dress A Girl Australia's little way of making a difference to a few lives and make this world a better place. Last year I decided not to send dresses to help the children victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines instead sent a small amount of money I collected from family and friends (I think about $180). Today I learned that the money through the Guiuan Development Foundation Inc was used to buy fishing implements to help a few fishermen victims go back to fishing which was their only means of livelihood before the catastrophe. So happy to know that it was a David (small) in terms of amount but the impact to the victims was a Goliath (giant) if you know of the David and Goliath story and I thank my family and friends who made the $180 contribution possible. And also today I was told that I can now send dresses through the foundation for them to distribute to the children in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment