Sunday 2 November 2014

Sewing Marathon : Dresses this week -26-Oct to 2-Nov-2014

I did not do any sewing last week as I had been busy with other stuff. Late yesterday afternoon after the market, I started sorting and packing for one orphanage in the Philippines and remembered that 3 of the dresses that I wanted to include in the package were a bit flimsy and would not look good especially for pregnant women to whom I wanted to give the dresses to. These pregnant women lives in the orphanage. So I decided to make linings for the dresses (half-slips) made of poplin material. Here are the 3 half-slip linings I made and the only 3 items completed the past 7 days.. 
The dresses now look great to wear with these linings. Since it is going to be given for Christmas, me sewing the linings to fix the dresses is quite justifiable but this is not going to happen again in the future. Dresses to be donated should follow the guidelines to be acceptable and be included in any dress distributions. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment