Friday 10 October 2014

Yesterday's dresses - 9-Oct-2014

If I can keep up with this pace of at least 3 dresses a day by the end of October I will have my first parcel full for Christmas distribution. What I probably will do is ask a few friends around to sponsor the postage cost of the parcel. Also a few of them have said that they will sponsor a parcel if the dresses in the parcel were sewn by me. I think this is a good motivation for me to sew. 

Here are the 3 dresses I made last night. I could only post it now as it took me a while to identify the donor of the fabrics as I know these fabrics are not from my personal collection. Finally remembered who donated them this morning after looking at all my logfiles. Fabrics were donated by Jennifer Howlett (Batch May 2013) and the t-shirts are from my collection. It is time to use the t-shirts too so a lot of my dresses will be t-shirt dresses. If am not mistaken, I still have about 70 of them given to me by my sister plus the ones I normally buy when shops are on sale. I have not been sewing as my time has been eaten up by picking up and sending parcels, sorting, packing and making followups and making handmade things to sell,  it is time to act on them so I can clear up a space in my cabinet.
I really hope I can keep up with this pace and I have a feeling I will be able to do it as I am getting less and less emails these days. A lot of people did not like the idea of setting limits on number of dresses so I think they have decided to leave this campaign. And a few have given up because of my constant comments about quality of dresses. If I have to spend a lot of money, time and effort I want to make sure that what am sending are really good but some cannot seem to understand. But what to do. I can only do what I can do. Am glad that I still am capable of making a difference on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment